Lumb, St. Michael
1847-1885
Archives
Total copies: 1
Records of Churchwardens Annual Statements of Accounts 1881-1882; Pews 1848-1849; Societies and Day School Records
Related Material:The Archives Department also has Archdeacon John Rushton's Visitation Papers, mid 19th cent. (MS f 942.72 R121 vol. 75)
Title:
Lumb, St. Michael
Date of work:
1847-1885
Reference number:
GB127.L104
Level of description:
Fonds
Includes:
Custodial history:
A District was assigned by Order in Council 25 February 1846 (London Gazette, 17 March 1846)comprising of parts of the townships of New Church, Higher Booths and Lower Booths in the parish of Whalley. The foundation stone was laid on 29 September 1847 and the church of St. Michael was consecrated on 9 December 1848. Part of the District was transferred to St. Anne's, Edgeside, by Order in Council, 31 December 1886 (London Gazette, 7 January 1887). The church closed in 2001.
Access restrictions:
Unrestricted
Use restrictions:
Unrestricted
Topics:
Record types:
Manchester Archives and Local Studies
Language:
English
Record number:
7183035