Bacup, Christ Church
1854-2012
Archives
Total copies: 1
Marriage registers 1855-1992; Baptism registers, 1854-1965; Banns, 1909-1952; parish boundaries 1854; papers relating to building of parsonages 1870; plan of Mason's details for windows c1854; subscriptions and balance sheet for newly opened school 1861; circular announcing re-opening of Day and Evening Schools 1877.
Place:/Bacup/Spotland/Rochdale/Lancashire/England
Title:
Bacup, Christ Church
Date of work:
1854-2012
Reference number:
GB127.L121
Level of description:
Fonds
Includes:
Custodial history:
Christ Church was built at the expense of Rev James Heyworth of Henbury Hill, Gloucestershire, on his land, and consecrated on 16 August 1854. Designed by E.G. Paley. It was assigned a District, by Bishop's Instrument, 19 December 1854, from St. John's, Bacup. Part of the parish was assigned to St Saviours, Bacup, by Order in Council, 3 February 1866 (London Gazetteer, 6 February). Rebuilt 1959.
Source:
These records were deposited in the Library as Diocesan Record Office in January 1983 by Mr G E Mills, treasurer, and by The Rev David Woodall, in Oct 2006. A marriage register (L121/1/2/8) was transferred from the General Register Office in Nov 2012.
Access restrictions:
UnrestrictedManchester Archives and Local Studies hold the following:
Parish registers on microfilm - marriages 1855-1875 (MFPR 1210)
Use restrictions:
Unrestricted
Topics:
Record types:
Manchester Archives and Local Studies
Language:
English
Record number:
7183324