St. Mary's, Upper Moss Lane, Hulme
Archives
Total copies: 1
Related Material:See also MISC 395/2
Title:
St. Mary's, Upper Moss Lane, Hulme
Reference number:
GB127.M321/2
Level of description:
Sub-fonds from Fonds: Hulme, St. Mary (GB127.M321)
Part of:
Fonds: Hulme, St. Mary (GB127.M321)
Includes:
Custodial history:
Founded by Wilbraham Egerton of Tatton Park, a major landowner in Hulme, St. Mary's was consecrated on 13 Nov. 1858 (see Archdeacon John Rushton's Visitation papers MSf 942.72 R121 vol.43)
The parish was formed by Order in Council, 29 Nov. 1859 (London Gazette, 2 Dec. 1859) from St. George's, Hulme.
St. Paul's, Hulme was united with St. Mary's in 1954.
In Oct. 1978 St. Mary's closed and the parish joined that of the Ascension, Hulme.
Access restrictions:
Unrestricted
Use restrictions:
Unrestricted
Record types:
Manchester Archives and Local Studies
Language:
English
Record number:
7217819