Skip to main content
Ashton on Mersey: Lease
Ashton on Mersey: Lease
03 Nov 1772
Archives
Find it!
9a Lease for one year by(1) John Green, clerk, rector of Aston upon Mersey to(2) Richard Tinker of Ashton upon Mersey, yeomanof a field in Ashton called Higher Croft, lately purchased from Charles Irlam of Ashton, (3 r.32p. Cheshire measure); bounded on the east by a field called the Reach (parcel of the glebe), on the south by a cross road called the Back Lane leading from Ashton to Crossford Bridge and by a cottage etc. lately Joseph Coppock's, on the west by a road called Macon Lane leading from Ashton to Cross Street on the north by another croft purchased from Chales Irlam and by an orhcard of Samuel Thomson.Signed John GreenWitnesses:George AshtonJohn Hobson9bRelease of the above, dated 4 NovemberSigned John Green.Witnesses as above.Endorsed with receipt for £120.With note. 'This close was given to the church of Ashton in exchange for some doles by deed dated 23 Nov. 1772.'
Title:
Ashton on Mersey: Lease
Date of work:
03 Nov 1772
Reference number:
GB127.Deeds_C9a/b
Level of description:
Fonds
Use restrictions:
Unrestricted
Record types:
COLLECTION
Language:
English
Record number:
7181510
Find it!
0