Skip to main content
Records of Eccles and Patricroft Hospital
Records of Eccles and Patricroft Hospital
1875-1975
Archives
Board of Management meeting minutes 1875-1958, balance sheets 1878-1892, annual reports 1878-1900, patient records 1913-1975, Committee meeting minutes 1914-1948, Eccles and Patricroft Workpeople's Hospital Fund bank pass book 1929-1930.Place:/Patricroft/Barton upon Irwell/Eccles/Lancashire/EnglandSalford Metropolitan District/Greater Manchester/England/Eccles /Eccles/Lancashire/England
Title:
Records of Eccles and Patricroft Hospital
Date of work:
1875-1975
Reference number:
GB124.A.GHEP
Level of description:
Fonds
Custodial history:
The Eccles and Patricroft Dispensary was set up in 1877 and run from rooms in Byron Street, Eccles. In 1885 a hospital was built [in Cromwell Road, Eccles, Manchester] and the dispensary changed its name to Eccles and Patricroft Hospital. In 1948 the hospital came under the administration of the West Manchester Hospital Management Committee as a result of the formation of the National Health Service. In 1974 the hospital came within the area of Salford Area Health Authority (Teaching), subsequently Salford District Health Authority and Salford Health Authority. In 1980 the hospital was being administered from Hope Hospital, Eccles Old Road, Salford, and in 1984 from Ladywell Hospital, Eccles New Road, Salford. The hospital closed in June 1985.
Source:
Transferred to Greater Manchester County Record Office from Salford City Archives in 2001.
Use restrictions:
Unrestricted
General notes:
Arrangement:This material is arranged into series, which consist of numbers of items related by format and/ or function. Within series the items are generally arranged chronologically
Record types:
COLLECTION
Language:
English
Record number:
7181936
0