Skip to main content
Records of the Skin Hospital, Salford
Records of the Skin Hospital, Salford
1913-1988
Archives
Find it!
This material consists of minutes 1913-1988 and an annual report 1947Place:Salford Metropolitan District/Greater Manchester/EnglandManchester Metropolitan District/Greater Manchester/England/Salford/Manchester/Lancashire/England/Manchester/Lancashire/England
Title:
Records of the Skin Hospital, Salford
Date of work:
1913-1988
Reference number:
GB124.A.GHSK
Level of description:
Fonds
Custodial history:
The Skin Hospital, Salford started life as an out-patient branch of the Manchester and Salford Lock Hospital. It opened in 1884 and the expanded Hospital was known as the Lock and Skin Diseases Hospital. From 1888 the Lock Hospital and the Skin Hospital developed as separate institutions; the Skin Hospital was known as the Manchester and Salford Hospital for Skin Diseases. The Hospital's first premises were on Dale Street near Piccadilly; later they were in Quay Street, Manchester and then during the 1980's the Hospital moved to the site of Salford Royal Hospital in Salford. The Hospital closed in 1993.
Source:
Transferred to Greater Manchester Record Office in 2001
Use restrictions:
Unrestricted
General notes:
Arrangement:This material has been arranged in to series, which consist of numbers of items related by format and/ or function. Within series, items are generally arranged chronologically.
Record types:
COLLECTION
Language:
English
Record number:
7181971
Find it!
0