Skip to main content
Records of Swinton Hospital
Records of Swinton Hospital
1915-1985
Archives
Visitors books and reports 1915-1985, inventory 1930-1939, staff register 1930-1953, patient records 1935-1984, medical officer's and superintendent' s reports 1953-1968, building plans 1959-1975, minutes 1964-1974, printed material 1971-1981Place:Salford Metropolitan District/Greater Manchester/England/Swinton/Lancashire/England
Title:
Records of Swinton Hospital
Date of work:
1915-1985
Reference number:
GB124.A.GHSW
Level of description:
Fonds
Custodial history:
Swinton hospital opened in [1927] as a mentally defective childrens annex to Springfield Hospital, also known as Swinton Homes, and during the 1960's, as Swinton's Children's Hospital. The Hospital came under Park House & Swinton Home Hospital Management Committee between 1948-1949, Springfield & Swinton Hospital Management Committee 1949-1971, and Salford Hopital Management Committee 1971-1974. In 1980 the hospital changed its name to Swinton Hospital. The hospital's premises were on Partington Lane, Swinton. Source: L Coyne, D Doyle and J Pickstone, 'A Guide to the Records of Health Services in the Manchester Region (Kendal to Crewe): Part One. Hospital Services', (Occasional Publication No. 3, Department of History of Science and Technology, UMIST, 1981)
Source:
Transferred to Greater Manchester County Record Office in 2001
Use restrictions:
Unrestricted
General notes:
Arrangement:This material has been arranged into series which consist of numbers of items related by format and/ or function. Within series, items are generally arranged chronologially
Record types:
COLLECTION
Language:
English
Record number:
7182002
0