Skip to main content
Ramsbottom, St. Paul
Ramsbottom, St. Paul
1844-1979
Archives
Find it!
Baptism Registers, 1844-1955; Marriage Registers, 1850-1955; Burial Register, 1851-1928; Banns Books, 1854-1935, 1942-1976; Registers of Services, 1902-1975; Union of St. Paul's with St. John's Shuttleworth, 1979-1981; Churchyard, 1938; Vicarage, 1936; Dilapidations Assessment, 1971.Records of the Churchwarden including Accounts 1961-1969; Bequests, 1963-1976; Faculties, 1953-1979; Subscribers to Reredos, 1909; Repairs 1973; Offertory receipts 1930-35, 1959-61; Minutes of the Records of the Parochial Church Council 1957-1970Related Material:The Archives Department also has Archdeacon John Rushton's Visitation Papers (MS f 942.72 R121 vol. 16), which include an engraving, ground plans, no date, notice of forthcoming consecration service, 23 October 1850, subscriptions for the church and parsonage, 1850-1852, and accounts for enlargement, 1866.Place:/Ramsbottom/Tottington Lower End/Bury/Lancashire/England
Title:
Ramsbottom, St. Paul
Date of work:
1844-1979
Reference number:
GB127.L58
Level of description:
Fonds
Custodial history:
St. Paul's was assigned a District from Holcombe by Order in Council, 23 May 1844 (London Gazette, 3 June 1844). The church was consecrated on 23 October 1850. Part of the parish was assigned to St. Andrew's, Ramsbottom, by Order in Council, 12 February 1876 (London Gazette, 15 February 1876). In 1981 St. Paul's was united with St. John's, Shuttleworth, as St. John and St. Paul, Ramsbottom, both churches being retained for worship, by Order in Council, 13 April (London Gazette, 16 April 1981).
Source:
These records were deposited in the Library as Discesan Record Office in April and June 1979 by Rev. R. C. Barsley and in September 1989 by Rev. D. Vale.
Use restrictions:
Unrestricted
Record types:
COLLECTION
Language:
English
Record number:
7182234
Find it!
0