Skip to main content
Littleborough, Holy Trinity
Littleborough, Holy Trinity
1758-1986
Archives
Find it!
Records of the Incumbency : Baptismal Registers 1758-1924; Marriage Registers 1838-1986; Burial Registers 1813-1950 (some burials 1791-1812 can be found in one of the baptismal registers); Banns Book 1936-1984; Registers of Services 1911-1954; Preachers Books 1954-1984; Books of Notices 1819-1837; Vestry Minutes 1801-1966; Records of the Chapel Wardens : Accounts 1790-1940; Faculties 1757, 1879-1949Records of the Parochial Church Council : Minutes 1912-1930Records of the Sunday School 1912-1943; Minute Books with accounts 1902-1912, 1943-1950Records of Societies : Mens Society Minutes 1938-1968; Attendance Register 1923-1937, 1940-1967; Scrapbook of newspaper cuttings, correspondence and notices 1873-1911Place:/Littleborough/Lancashire/England
Title:
Littleborough, Holy Trinity
Date of work:
1758-1986
Reference number:
GB127.L60
Level of description:
Fonds
Custodial history:
Littleborough was a chapelry in the parish of Rochdale from the 15th century. By Order in Council, 6 July 1859, (London Gazette4 15 July), it lost part of Wuerdle to the new parish of St. John, Smalibridge, the rest of Wuerdle and Wardle going to the same parish in 1870. It was further reduced in 1895 when the District of St. Andrew's, Dearnley was formed, and in 1900 with the formation of St. Barnabas's, Shore, the latter entirely from Littleborough.
Source:
The records were deposited in the Library as Diocesan Record Office in September 1979, by Rev. J. B. Pettifer.
Use restrictions:
Unrestricted
General notes:
Old Accession Number: 1999/26 1999/55 2000/98 2001/2 2002/23
Record types:
COLLECTION
Language:
English
Record number:
7182272
Find it!
0