Skip to main content
Great Lever, St. Michael with St. Bartholomew
Great Lever, St. Michael with St. Bartholomew
1851-2005
Archives
Find it!
ST. MICHAEL, GREAT LEVER : Baptism Registers 1851-1997; Marriage Registers 1851-1990; Burial Registers 1851-2004; Rose Queen Minutes 1950-1957; Registers of Services (1952-1996); Registers of Graves (1858-2000s). Parochial Church Council Accounts (1886-2005); Parochial Church Council Minutes (1956-1984); Church History (1880-1984); Sunday School Register (1957 - 1965). Records of Charities : Thomas Sharples Endowment Funds Minutes (1909-1970) and Accounts (1920-1970)ST. BARTHOLOMEW: Baptism Registers 1879-1961; Marriage Registers 1880-1960; Register of Confirmations 1938-1960 (continued with St. Barts 1964-1965)Related Material:Archdeacon John Rushton's Visitation Papers include a Visitation return, n.d. and miscellaneous notes on the church (KSf9k2.72 R121 vol. 50)Place:/Great Lever/Middleton/Lancashire/England/Great Bolton/Bolton le Moors/Lancashire/England
Title:
Great Lever, St. Michael with St. Bartholomew
Date of work:
1851-2005
Reference number:
GB127.L65
Level of description:
Fonds
Custodial history:
The parish was formed by Order in Council, 27 Feb. 1961 (London Gazette, 28 Feb.) from St. Michael, Great Lever and St. Bartholomew, Great Bolton, St. Michael becoming the parish church. ST. MICHAEL GREAT LEVER : Great Lever was an ancient township in the parish of Middleton, without its own church, until 1851, when St. Michael was built by public subscription on land donated by the Earl of Bradford, who became its patron. It was consecrated on 29 Sept. 1851. Part of the parish was assigned to St. Bartholomew's in 1880, but the two parishes were united in 1961 as the parish of St. Michael and St. Bartholomew. ST. BARTHOLOMEW, GREAT BOLTON : St. Bartholomew was consecrated in 1879 and assigned a District by Order in Council, 19 May 1880, (London Gazette, 28 May) from the parishes of Trinity, Bolton, St. Mark's, Bolton and St. Michael's, Great Lever. It was united with St. Michael, Great Lever, in 1961, as the parish of St. Michael with St Bartholomew, Great Lever, and the church was demolished.
Use restrictions:
Unrestricted
General notes:
Old Accession Number: 2014/35 2012/22 2000/56 2009/58 2010/9
Record types:
COLLECTION
Language:
English
Record number:
7182355
Find it!
0