Skip to main content
Wingates, St. John The Evangelist
Wingates, St. John The Evangelist
1859-1930
Archives
Find it!
Baptism Registers 1859-1919; Marriage Registers 1860-1926; Burial Registers 1866-1930; Banns Books 1860-1918; Registers of Services 1888-1906, 1909-1928; Papers relating to establishment of the church, 1859-1868; Churchyard papers, 1863, 1866; Glebe lease, 1859;Churchwardens accounts 1862-1918.Related Material:Other records in the Archives Department relating to the parish are a circular, 15 Aug. 1851, asking for donations for a new Sunday and Day School, a newspaper cutting about laying its foundation stone, Sept. 1851 and an invitation to Archdeacon John Rushton to the consecration of the church with a list of subscriptions for the church, 1859 (MS f 942.72 R121 vol.21) Place:/Wingates/Westhoughton/Deane/Lancashire/England/Lostock/Bolton le Moors/Lancashire/England
Title:
Wingates, St. John The Evangelist
Date of work:
1859-1930
Reference number:
GB127.L68
Level of description:
Fonds
Custodial history:
St. John's was consecrated on 30 June 1859. By Order in Council, 26 Mar. 1860 (London Gazette, 31 Mar.) a district was assigned to it consisting of that part of Westhoughton in the parish of Deane north of the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway line, and the township of Lostock in the parish of Bolton.
Source:
These records were deposited in the Library as Diocesan Record Office in July 1980 by Rev. G. Thomson.
Use restrictions:
Unrestricted
Record types:
COLLECTION
Language:
English
Record number:
7182401
Find it!
0