Skip to main content
Ashton Under Lyne, St Peter
Ashton Under Lyne, St Peter
1824-1973
Archives
Find it!
Baptism Registers, 1824 - 1969; Marriage Registers, 1840 - 1973; Burial Registers, 1825 - 1966; Banns Books, 1887 - 1901, 1964 -1975; Registers of Services, 1905 - 1970; Copy sentence of Consecration, 1824; Parish Boundaries, 1839 - 1921; Transcripts of Gravestones, 1972; Curates's House, 1826New Parsonage House, 1956; Tithes, 1830 - 1831; Pew Rents, 1920; Grant, 1921; Statistical Returns of Parochial Work, 1920 - 1926; History, 1924; Subscriptions for the establishment of the church 1824; Records of Churchwardens records including account books 1959-1963; Annual statements of accounts 1889-1899, 1920, 1924; Faculties 1893-1976; Insurance 1930-1959; Records of Charities including trustee minutes 1940-1944 and annual statements of accounts 1940-1956; Records of the Day and Sunday SchoolRelated Material:The Library also has nomination papers for John Hutchinson, curate 1824 (GB127.M39), and Archdeacon John Rushton's Visitation Papers, mid 19th century, which include a small plan (l9x30cms) of the pews. (MSf942.72 R121 vol.3).The following publication may be held by Tameside Archives and Local Studies:Hedges, John 'A short history of St. Peter's Church, Ashton under Lyne, written for its 150th birthday 1824-1974' (John Ashworth, printer, 1974)Place:/Ashton under Lyne/Ashton under Lyne/Lancashire/England
Title:
Ashton Under Lyne, St Peter
Date of work:
1824-1973
Reference number:
GB127.L74
Level of description:
Fonds
Custodial history:
The foundation stone of St. Peter's was laid on 24 October 1821, and the church consecrated on 10 December 1824 as a chapelry within the parish of Ashton under Lyne. Designd by Francis Goodwin. It was assigned a District from St. Michael's, Ashton under Lyne, by Order in Council, 29 January 1840, (London Gazette, 17 April 1840). In 1844 St. Stephen's, Audenshaw, was assigned a district from St. Peter's, by Order in Council, 23 May, (London Gazette, 3 June 1844). Part of the parish was assigned to Holy Trinity, Ashton under Lyne, by Order in Council, 4 February 1879, (London Gazette, 14 February). The boundaries with St. Stephen's, Audenshaw, were altered by Order in Council 22 April 1921, (London Gazette , 26 April.) Further alterations to the boundaries with St. Stephen's, Audenshaw, and St. Mary's, Droylsden, took place in 1961, by Order in Council 2 August, (London Gazette, 4 August 1961).
Source:
The records were deposited in the Library as Diocesan Record Office in November 1981 by Reverend J. Clatworthy.
Use restrictions:
Unrestricted
Record types:
COLLECTION
Language:
English
Record number:
7182488
Find it!
0