Skip to main content
Horwich, Holy Trinity
Horwich, Holy Trinity
1660-1960s
Archives
Find it!
Records of the Incumbent including : Early Registers 1660-1812 (fragments only 1660-1690); Baptism Registers 1813-1860; Marriage Registers 1852-1881; Burial Registers 1813-1873; Banns Book Feb 1832, 1854-1920.; Parish magazine 1950s-1960sRecords of Churchwardens : Accounts 1822-1902; Pew Rents 1842-1845; Collections, Pew Rents and Grave Owners 1851-1852; Subscriptions for Enlargement of Churchyard Mar- Aug 1876; Related Material:The records of Deane parish include deeds of property of Horwich chapel in Tottington, 1722-1788 (L85/1/12/1-13), terriers, 1770-1785 (GB127.L85), tithe apportionment and map, 1845-1851and a catalogue of books belonging to Horwich chapel, 1740Place:/Horwich/Deane/Lancashire/England
Title:
Horwich, Holy Trinity
Date of work:
1660-1960s
Reference number:
GB127.L86
Level of description:
Fonds
Custodial history:
Horwich chapelry, within the parish of Deane, existed before the Reformation. During the Civil War Period it was used by Nonconformists and was not recovered for the Established church till 1716. The old chapel was rebuilt in 1779, but this was replaced in 1831 by the present Holy Trinity. It was not assigned a District till 1855, by Order in Council, 29 Dec. 1853 (London Gazette 10 Jan. 1854). Part of the parish was assigned to the new St. Catherine's, Horwich, by Order in Council, 22 April 1910, (London Gazette, 29 April).
Source:
The records were deposited in the Library as Diocesan Record Office in March and October 1982, by Rev. D.W. Gatenby
Use restrictions:
Unrestricted
Record types:
COLLECTION
Language:
English
Record number:
7182695
Find it!
0