Skip to main content
Saddleworth and Lees Methodist Circuit
Saddleworth and Lees Methodist Circuit
1786-1976
Archives
Find it!
L93/1 Saddleworth and Lees Methodist CircuitL93/2 Delph Methodist Church (ex-Wesleyan Methodist)L93/3 Uppermill Methodist Church (ex-Wesleyan Methodist)L93/4 Wrigley Mill Methodist Church (ex-Wesleyan Methodist)L93/5 Greenfield Methodist Church (ex-Wesleyan Methodist)Place:/Saddleworth/Rochdale/Yorkshire W R /England
Title:
Saddleworth and Lees Methodist Circuit
Date of work:
1786-1976
Reference number:
GB127.L93
Level of description:
Fonds
Custodial history:
Formed 1828, amalgamated with Lees in 1960's to form the Saddleworth and Lees Circuit and later with Oldham to form the Oldham and Saddleworth Circuit. Delph; Uppermill; Wrigley Mill; Greenfield; From 1961, Lees ex-PM (Princess Street) previously in Oldham Lees Road Circuit added. There appears to have been Methodist services in Delph from Oct. 1779. The Delph Society divided on 2 May 1804 for geographical reasons into Delph and Wool Road which later became the Uppermill Society.
Source:
Records deposited in April 1982 By Rev. K. Tibbets, Superintendent Minister of Oldham and Saddleworth Methodist Circuit
Use restrictions:
Unrestricted
Record types:
COLLECTION
Language:
English
Record number:
7182859
Find it!
0