Skip to main content
Harwood, Christ Church
Harwood, Christ Church
1841-1868
Archives
Find it!
Records of the Incumbent including : Sentence of Consecration and License for Marriage 1841; Correspondence from Ecclesiastical Commissioners re New Parishes Act 1856; Redemption of Tithes 1854; Trustee endowment and repair fund 1868Records of Churchwardens : Accounts 1852Related Material:The Archives Department also has papers relating to the appointment of Rev. Jonathan Kirk Stubbs, 1840-1841 (GB127.M59; and Archdeacon John Rushton's Visitation Returns for the church and school, 28 Jan. 1846, which also includes correspondence from Rev. J.K. Stubbs, 1855 and Rev. Thomas Cawley, 1866-1867, and others; notes on the patronage of which Rushton became a trustee, 1856; notes on endowments, 1866, and on candidates for incumbency, 1866, printed letter to Inhabitants of Harwood, from Rev. J. K. Stubbs, 1840; list of subscribers, n.d.; appeal for contributions to new parsonage, 1851; plan of land proposed to be given to the church, 1864 (18 x 22 cms.); plan of land near parsonage, n.d. (35 x 24 cms); letter from the Ecclesiastical Commissioners, 1864-1866; and balance sheets for the Daily and Evening Schools, and Sunday School, 1850. (MS f 942.72 R121 vol.13).Place:/Harwood/Bolton le Moors/Lancashire/England
Title:
Harwood, Christ Church
Date of work:
1841-1868
Reference number:
GB127.L95
Level of description:
Fonds
Custodial history:
The church was built in 1840 at the expense of Robert Lomax of Harwood and consecrated on 3 October 1841, to serve part of the townships of Harwood and Breightmet.
Source:
The following records were deposited in the Library as Diocesan Record Office in May 1982.
Use restrictions:
Unrestricted
Record types:
COLLECTION
Language:
English
Record number:
7182889
Find it!
0