Skip to main content
Bolton, The Saviour, Deane Road,
Bolton, The Saviour, Deane Road,
1882-1972
Archives
Find it!
Records of the Incumbent including : Baptism Registers, 1882 - 1972; Marriage Registers, 1885 - 1971; Banns Book, 1967 - 1971; Confirmation Registers, 1938 - 1970; Burial Services, 1958 - 1971; Registers of Services, 1952 - 1965, 1970; Parish Magazine, Apr. 1961.Records of Churchwardens AND VESTRY : Vestry Minutes, 1920 - 1961, and Records of Churchwardens Accounts, 1920 - 1961; Analysed Accounts, 1942 - 1963; Offertory Accounts, 1955 - 1968; Register of Loans for Curate's House 1960 - 1962; Annual Statement of Accounts, 1966; Inventories, n.d. and 1907Records of the Parochial Church Council : Minutes, 1957 - 1968Miscellaneous Papers including : Illuminated addresss to Thomas Greenhalgh, 1887Place:/Little Bolton/Bolton le Moors/Lancashire/England
Title:
Bolton, The Saviour, Deane Road,
Date of work:
1882-1972
Reference number:
GB127.L109
Level of description:
Fonds
Custodial history:
The church was built at the expense of Thomas Greenhaigh of Sharples, and consecrated on 24 September 1885. It had been assigned a District from Emmanuel by Order in Council, 27 February 1882, (London Gazette, 3 March) (see L108/l/ll/l-6). In 1898 its boundaries were altered by the addition of part of Emanuel and the loss of part of St. George the Martyr, Daubhill, by Order in Council, 20 October (London Gazette, 25 October) (see L108/l/ll/7-12). By Order in Council, 4 February 1972, (London Gazette, 10 February the parish was united with Emmanuel under the sole name of Emanuel (see L108/l/ll/18). The church was made redundant in 1973 (see L10813/3/l-6)and demolished in 1975 (see L1081219/31).
Source:
The records were deposited in the Library as Diocesan Record Office by Rev. R.J.N. Cook in September 1982 and December 1984.
Use restrictions:
Unrestricted
Record types:
COLLECTION
Language:
English
Record number:
7183117
Find it!
0