Skip to main content
Great Lever, St. Simon and St. Jude
Great Lever, St. Simon and St. Jude
1898-2008
Archives
Find it!
Records of Incumbent: Baptism Registers 1901-1967; Marriage Registers 1902-2008; Banns Books 1902-1969; Confirmation Registers 1943-2007; Registers of Services 1926-1995; Service Sheets 1972-1999; Censuses and Attendance Figures 1972-2005; Boundaries 1902-post 1974; Income 1929; Dilapidations Assessments 1928-1969; Vicarage 1907-1985; Church History 1951-2002; Funeral Register 2002-2005; Correspondence and reports 1954-2002; Parish Magazines 1933-2002..Establishment of the Church : Building 1898; Consecration 1901. Records of Churchwardens : Papers Relating to the Clergy 1928-1977; Buildings and fabric records 1979-1996; Accounts 1921-2007; Particulars of Church Expenses 1925-1932; Faculties 1925-2008; Interment of Ashes of Canon C.H. Saunders 1946-1947; Canon Saunders Memorial in the Loxham Chapel 1956; Plan of Church n.d.; Inventories 1910s-1990s. Records of the Parochial Church Council : Minutes 1920-2008; Correspondence re Clergy Stipend 1940-1957; Correspondence about Wall between School and Churchyard 1956-1957; Financial Report 1976; Bazaar Committee Minutes 1969-1972; Bazaar Accounts 1930-1936; 1939 Bazaar; 1972 Bazaar Papers; 1973 Bazaar PapersSocieties : Men's Club. Charities : Harvest and Christmas Gifts List 1974-1975.Records of the Sunday School : Cradle Roll 1972-1977.Records of the Day School : Deeds 1898, 1903; Accounts 1901-1921; Letters re Managers 1976-1977; Correspondence 1960-1972.
Title:
Great Lever, St. Simon and St. Jude
Date of work:
1898-2008
Reference number:
GB127.L127
Level of description:
Fonds
Custodial history:
St. Simon and St. Jude's church was built at the expense of the Rev. Thomas Loxham of St. Michael's, Great Lever on land donated by the Earl of Bradford. The foundation stone was laid on 12 July 1899 and the church consecrated on 5 November 1901. It was assigned a District from St. Michael's, Great Lever, and St. Bartholomew's, Great Bolton, by Order in Council 6 March 1902 (London Gazette, 7 March 1902). In 1930 the parish boundaries were altered by the addition of part of St. Bartholomew's and the loss of some to St. Philip's, Bolton, by Order in Council 15 May (London Gazette, 16 May 1930).
Source:
The records were deposited in the Library and Diocesan Record Office in April 1983 by Rev. N.E. Lewis.
Use restrictions:
Unrestricted
General notes:
Old Accession Number: 2014/35 2012/22
Record types:
COLLECTION
Language:
English
Record number:
7183439
Find it!
0