Skip to main content
Weaste, St Luke, from 1949 St Luke with All Saints
Weaste, St Luke, from 1949 St Luke with All Saints
1859-1976
Archives
Find it!
Records of the Incumbent including: baptism registers 1865-1936; marriage registers 1866-1945; burial services 1951-1961; registers of services 1938-1942; marriage licences 1945-1948; provisional valuations for duties on land values under Finance Act 1910, 1915; papers relating to establishment of St Luke's 1859-1863.Records of the Churchwardens including: ledgers 1922-1929, 1942-1950, 1959-1965; account books 1952-1976; wages 1961-1963; faculties 1924, 1928; World War 1 and World War 2 roll of honour; churchwardens copies of incumbents licences 1941-1959. Records of the Parochial Church Council: minutes 1944-1955; correspondence 1962; accounts of Church Societies 1962.Records of the Day School including: deeds 1870-1871; notices about tenders for decorating the School 1932-1935; teachers' agreements 1944-1948.Records of St Luke's Lads' Club and Parish Hall, Derby Road, Weaste: proposed new heating system 1931; use of parish hall for school meals 1946-1947.Related Material:Banns books, confirmation registers are not depositedArchdeacon John Rushton's Visitation Papers (MS f 942.72 R121 vol.24) include two letters about Sir Robert Gore Booth's desire to give land for a church and parsonage, 1847 and 1863. The Archives Department also has a Sunday School attendance register 1906 (MISC/95/1)Place:/Weaste/Pendleton/Eccles/Lancashire/EnglandSalford Metropolitan District/Greater Manchester/England
Title:
Weaste, St Luke, from 1949 St Luke with All Saints
Date of work:
1859-1976
Reference number:
GB127.L136
Level of description:
Fonds
Custodial history:
The foundation stone of St Luke's was laid on 6 August 1864 on land donated by Sir Robert Gore Booth, and the church consecrated on 5 August 1865. A District was assigned from the parish of Eccles by Order in Council, 3 February 1866 (London Gazette, 6 February). Part of the original District was transferred to St Cuthbert's, Old Trafford, by Order in Council, 11 June 1902, (London Gazette, 13 June), while some was transferred from St Thomas's, Pendleton, by Order in Council, 16 February 1903, (London Gazette, 17 February). All Saints was carved out of the parish by Order in Council, 19 July 1910, (London Gazette, 26 July), but the two parishes were re-united as St Luke's becoming the parish church of the united benefice.
Source:
The following records were deposited in the Library as Diocesan Record Office in August and November 1983 by Rev R F Efemey
Use restrictions:
Unrestricted
General notes:
Arrangement:#
Record types:
COLLECTION
Language:
English
Record number:
7183607
Find it!
0