Skip to main content
Weaste, All Saints
Weaste, All Saints
1903-1959
Archives
Find it!
Baptism registers 1903-1959 (no baptisms in the church, 2 April 1950-12 December 1954); marriage registers 1910-1949; registers of services 1931-1959Related Material:The Archives Department also has papers relating to proposed alterations of the boundaries, 1928, with St James, Hope, which did not take place (L115/1/7/9-14), and papers about building Sunday School, 1909-1910 (M118/MISC. Box 2)Place:/Weaste/Pendleton/Eccles/Lancashire/England
Title:
Weaste, All Saints
Date of work:
1903-1959
Reference number:
GB127.L138
Level of description:
Fonds
Custodial history:
All Saints, began as the mission church of St Paul in the parish of St Luke's was built in 1903, extended by Rev. Theodore Emmott, and consecrated as All Saints on 31 January 1910. An Order in Council, 19 July 1910 (London Gazette, 26 July) assigned part of St Luke's parish to All Saints. In 1949 the parishes were re-united as St Luke with All Saints, by Order in Council, 4 March (London Gazette, 8 March 1949), which was amended by Order in Council, 29 June 1951 (London Gazette, 3 July) to allow for extra clerical assistance for All Saints, St Luke's being the parish church of the united benefice. Services continued at All Saints until 4 October 1959. The church was demolished in 1960.
Source:
These following records were deposited in the Library as Diocesan Record Office in November 1983 by Rev R F Efemey.
Use restrictions:
Unrestricted
Record types:
COLLECTION
Language:
English
Record number:
7183646
Find it!
0