Skip to main content
Haughton, St. Ann
Haughton, St. Ann
1852-1968
Archives
Find it!
Baptism register 1882-1909; marriage register 1882-1916; church fabric 1880-1968; photographs taken by Joseph Sidebotham during the building of the Church 1880-1882; Sidebotham family photograph albums 1852-1881, albums of newspaper cuttings 1871-1923, glass photographs, by Joseph Sidebotham 1852Related Material:Records of the Parochial Church Council not depositedPlace:/Haughton/Manchester/Lancashire/England
Title:
Haughton, St. Ann
Date of work:
1852-1968
Reference number:
GB127.L142
Level of description:
Fonds
Custodial history:
St Anne's was built at the expense of Joseph Sidebotham, F.R.A.S., of Erlesdene. The foundation stone was laid on 1 September 1880 and the church consecrated on 29 July 1882. It was assigned a District from the parishes of Christ Church, Denton and St George, Hyde, by Order in Council, 29 November 1881 (London Gazette 9 September). As Joseph Sidebotham was a skilled photographer (and member of Manchester Photographic Society) he took a series of photographs showing the building of the church and rectory from the laying of the foundation stone to the completion of the church. Copies of the photographs cannot be made without the permission of the Parochial Church Council.
Source:
These records were deposited in the Library as Diocesan Record Office in July 1984 by Rev P Samuels
Use restrictions:
Unrestricted
Record types:
COLLECTION
Language:
English
Record number:
7183719
Find it!
0