Skip to main content
Tunstead, Holy Trinity
Tunstead, Holy Trinity
Find it!
Records of the Incumbent: baptism registers 1840-1905; marriage register 1858-1949; banns books 1932-1981; registers of services 1936-1976; parish magazines 1892, 1911-1912; history 1940.Records of the Churchwardens: account book 1894-1962; annual statement of accounts 1936-1941, 1969. Records of the Parochial Church Council: minutes 1919-1924, 1932-1962. Girls Friendly Society minutes 1921-1945. Sunday School Teachers' meetings minutes 1901-1923. Tunstead Mission and Men's Institute accounts 1936-1950. St Luke's Mission register of services 1920-1968Related Material:Records of the Day School, funeral services, confirmation registers are not deposited.The Archives Department also has Archdeacon John Rushton's Visitation papers, which include an appeal and subscription list for the new church, c 1858, letter from George Ormerod about finance, 25 September 1841, draft petition of subscribers appointing George Ormerod, Robert Munn and John Holt as patrons, September 1841, letter from Rev. W. Singleton about proposed boundaries of the District, 1 October 1849, a circular about a Bazaar in aid of the Parsonage and School Building Funds, June 1855, and a letter from Rev. J. G. Haworth about the money he has expended, 21 September 1855 (MSf 942.72 R121 vol. 75).Place:/Tunstead/Saddleworth/Rochdale/Yorkshire W R /England
Tunstead, Holy Trinity
Date of work:
Reference number:
Level of description:
Custodial history:
Holy Trinity was opened on 16 October 1840, in an area previously served by the churches of Newchurch in Rossendale and St John's, Bacup. Two mission churches later developed from Holy Trinity - Tunstead Mission in 1890 (closing in 1950) and St Luke's Mission Church in 1894 (closing in 1968).
These records were deposited in the Library as Diocesan Record Office in October 1984 by Rev. E. J. Ashworth.
Use restrictions:
Record types:
Record number:
Find it!