Skip to main content
Bolton, St. Paul with Emmanuel, Deansgate
Bolton, St. Paul with Emmanuel, Deansgate
1863-1973
Archives
Find it!
Baptism registers 1863-2002; marriage registers 1866-2002; banns books 1866-1973; Confirmationss 1946 - 1994; Churchwarden Accounts 1921 - 1990; PCC Minutes 1907 - 2003Related Material:Records of Emmanuel Church, Bolton :- L108
Title:
Bolton, St. Paul with Emmanuel, Deansgate
Date of work:
1863-1973
Reference number:
GB127.L146
Level of description:
Fonds
Custodial history:
St Paul's was built on the site of a former Unitarian chapel. The corner stone was laid in March 1862 and the church consecrated on 16 December 1865. A District was assigned from Christ Church, Bolton and St Peter's, Bolton, by Order in Council, 9 April 1866 (London Gazette, 13 April). Part of Christ Church parish was added to St Paul's by Order in Council, 24 July 1933, (London Gazette, 28 July). By Order in Council 8 August 1966, (London Gazette, 11 August) the parishes of St Paul's and Emmanuel were held in plurality. The two parishes were united as St Paul with Emmanuel by Order in Council, 15 December 1976, (London Gazette, 17 December), but both churches continue for worship. The parish boundaries were altered by Pastoral Order 16 September 1981, (London Gazette, 23 September), when part of the parish was transferred to St George the Martyr and part received from the parish of Deane.
Use restrictions:
Unrestricted
General notes:
Old Accession Number: 2004/2 2007/12
Record types:
COLLECTION
Language:
English
Record number:
7183791
Find it!
0