Skip to main content
Dixon Green, St. Thomas, Farnworth
Dixon Green, St. Thomas, Farnworth
1878-1971
Archives
Find it!
Baptism registers 1878-1993; Marriage registers 1880-1991; Confirmations Register 1962-1991; Registers of services 1899-1995; Churchwardens accounts 1926-1941; PCC minutes 1973-1991;St Thomas's National Schools Managers' minutes 1903-1971Related Material:The Archives Section also has a Scrapbook of Rev A J Phillips, vicar of St Thomas's, 1910-1915 (L151/1/1, L151/1/2/1).Place:/Farnworth/Deane/Lancashire/England
Title:
Dixon Green, St. Thomas, Farnworth
Date of work:
1878-1971
Reference number:
GB127.L150
Level of description:
Fonds
Custodial history:
St Thomas's was consecrated on 14 April 1879, and a District assigned by Order in Council, 6 September 1880 (London Gazette, 14 September 1880) from St James's, New Bury and the District of Farnworth and Kearsley (St John's). In 1913 some of the parish was assigned to the new All Saints, Farnworth, by Order in Council, 13 June (London Gazette, 13 June 1913). In 1923 part of St James's, New Bury and part of St Peter's, Farnworth, were transferred to St Thomas's by Order in Council, 12 March (London Gazette, 16 March 1923). By Order in Council, 2 August 1989, St Thomas's was added to the parish of East Farnworth and Kearsley.
Use restrictions:
Unrestricted
General notes:
Old Accession Number: 2005/4 1996/Sep 30 2005/29
Record types:
COLLECTION
Language:
English
Record number:
7183850
Find it!
0