Skip to main content
Northmoor, All Saints, Oldham
Northmoor, All Saints, Oldham
1876-1986
Archives
Find it!
Records of the Incumbent including: baptism registers 1891-1985; marriage registers 1892-1983; banns book 1959-1985; confirmation register 1936-1985; registers of services 1879-1904, 1927-1986; official parochial register of Church services, organisation and finance 1891-1909; boundaries 1892-1957; income 1893-1982; vicarages 1921-1984; parish hall 1974-1984; re-development of area near church 1967-1977.Records concerning the building of the Church including: subscriptions and accounts 1880-1897; bank pass book 1880-1897; circulars 1881-1891; correspondence 1881-1891. Records of the Vestry: minutes 1892-1937.Records of the Churchwardens including: account books 1921-1965; ledgers 1921-1945, 1956-1964; offerings 1956-1963, 1967-1981; bank pass books 1902-1913, 1948-1953; annual statement of accounts; investments 1945-1963; bequests 1936-1984; Diocesan quota 1974-1985; sequestration 1983-1984; faculties 1912-1944; organ 1924-1975; quinquennial inspections of Church 1979-1983; inventories 1907-1914.Records of the Parochial Church Council including: minutes 1920-1965; agenda book 1944-1982; electoral roll 1938; electoral roll certificate; future of the parish 1974-1985. Records of the Sunday School: anniversary service sheets 1914-1921. Records of the Day School: Managers' minutes 1876-1919, 1936-1948; Managers' correspondence 1899, 1918; income and land tax assessments 1931-1936; H. M. I. Reports 1930-1939; minutes of School Extension Committee 1892-1904; plans of School 1925; St Hilda's School, Northmoor 1975-1985Place:/Oldham/Prestwich with Oldham/Lancashire/EnglandOldham Metropolitan Borough/Greater Manchester/England
Title:
Northmoor, All Saints, Oldham
Date of work:
1876-1986
Reference number:
GB127.L157
Level of description:
Fonds
Custodial history:
From 1879 services were held in the School. The foundation stone of All Saints was laid on 10 November 1888 and the church consecrated on 20 July 1891. A District was assigned from St Mary's, Oldham and Holy Trinity, Coldhurst, by Order in Council, 9 May 1892, (London Gazette, 13 May 1892). By Order in Council, 13 December 1957, (London Gazette, 17 December 1957), part of the parish of St Anne, Longsight, Royton was added to All Saints. With the death in 1982 of Rev Alfred J Mullett, who had been vicar since 1949, it was decided to unite the parish with the parish of Oldham. The last service was held at All Saints on 30 March 1986. The building reopened in 1988 as the Ukrainian Church of SS Peter and Paul.
Use restrictions:
Unrestricted
General notes:
Old Accession Number: 1999/35 2004/3
Record types:
COLLECTION
Language:
English
Record number:
7183978
Find it!
0