Skip to main content
Stretford, St. Peter
Stretford, St. Peter
1905-2007
Archives
Find it!
Records of the Incumbent including: Baptism Registers 1905-1952; Marriage Registers 1916-1964; Burial Registers 1916-1964; Banns Books 1946-2006; Registers of Services 1916-1925, 1930-2007; Confirmation Registers, 1939-1998; Photographs and plans, 1916-2001; Printed Material, 1905-1995Records of the Churchwardens: Building Committee Accounts, 1914-1916; Accounts, 1932-1940; Accounts (inc Annual Statements) 1965-1977; Balance Sheets, 1967-1989; Account Book, 1986-1988Records of the Parochial Church Council: Minutes 1933-1960, 1964-1991, 2000-2006; Correspondence c.1939-1980; Papers and correspondence relating to Revised Parish Boundaries 1982; Sharing Agreement between the Trustees for Methodist Church Purposes and Manchester Diocesan Board of Finance relating to Gorse Hill Methodist Church, 2001.Related Material:The Department has papers relating to the parish boundaries 1905 (L89/1/12/13), 1930 (M342/1/10/3-7), 1955 (L89/1/12/16-20), 1958 (M320/8/6/3, L89/1/12/21-23 and L157/2/1O/1-4) and 1982 (L126/1/8/1-3)Place:/Stretford/Lancashire/England
Title:
Stretford, St. Peter
Date of work:
1905-2007
Reference number:
GB127.L166
Level of description:
Fonds
Custodial history:
St. Peter's District was formed from St. Matthew's parish in 1905 by Order in Council, 10 May 1905 (London Gazette, 12 May 1905) but the church was not built until 1916. It was consecrated on 5 July 1916. In 1930 the parish was enlarged by the addition of part of St. Matthew's, by Order in Council, 27 November (London Gazette, 2 December 1930), and in 1955 by, the addition of part of All Saints, by Order in Council, 6 May (London Gazette, 10 May 1955. In 1958 the boundaries with St. Hilda's, Old Trafford were altered, by Order in Council, 11 September (London Gazette, 12 September 1958). In 1982 part of St. Cuthbert's, Old Trafford, was added to St. Peters, by Order in Council, 10 February (London Gazette,16 February 1982). Closed 2007.
Source:
The following records were deposited in the Library as Diocesan Record Office in March 1988 by Rev. M.J. Hardy and in 2007 by Rev Ross Martin (Acc 2007/32)
Use restrictions:
Unrestricted
Record types:
COLLECTION
Language:
English
Record number:
7184152
Find it!
0