Skip to main content
Worsley Methodist Circuit
Worsley Methodist Circuit
1836-1976
Archives
Find it!
L167/1 Walkden and Worsley Methodist Circuit 1875-1964L167/2 Worsley Wesleyan Methodist Church, Barton Road 1845-1947L167/3 Walkden Moor Methodist Church 1836-19741L167/4 Boothstown Wesleyan Methodist Church 1858-1951L167/5 Little Hulton, Clegg's Lane Methodist Church 1875-1955L167/7 Walkden, Wesley Hall, Hill Top 1889-1923L167/8 Walkden Primitive Methodist Circuit 1871-1961L167/9 Walkden, St Andrew's Methodist Church (ex-PM) 1866-1942L167/11 Little Hulton, Worsley Road Primitive Methodist Church 1936-1976L167/12 Whittlebrook Primitive Methodist Church, Manchester Road, Walkden 1938-1966Related Material:Records of chapels later part of Manchester and Salford Mission are numbered GB127. M196/Records of chapels in the part of Irwell Street Circuit that became Pendleton Wesleyan Circuit in 1975, then part of the combined Swinton, Pendlebury and Pendleton Circuit, from 1964, Swinton Circuit are numbered GB127.L51/)Place:/Worsley/Eccles/Lancashire/England/Walkden/Worsley/Eccles/Lancashire/England/Little Hulton/Deane/Lancashire/England
Title:
Worsley Methodist Circuit
Date of work:
1836-1976
Reference number:
GB127.L167
Level of description:
Fonds
Custodial history:
The circuit was formed in 1875 from Manchester 2nd Wesleyan (Irwell street) circuit. After the transfer of Regent Road Chapel and Ordsall Chapel to the Manchester and Salford Mission, the remaining chapels were added to Walkden and Worsley Circuit. For some years this was split into separate Circuits, but by 1970 was reformed as Worsley Circuit and since 1975 is part of Bolton and Rochdale Methodist District.
Source:
Deposited by Mr H. Pickering November 1987 with records of the Worsley Methodist Circuit transferred by Andrew Cross, Salford City Archivist. One volume of Wesley Hall accounts transferred from Walkden Library in May 1993
Use restrictions:
Unrestricted
Record types:
COLLECTION
Language:
English
Record number:
7184170
Find it!
0