Skip to main content
Lever Bridge, St. Stephen And All Martyrs, Bolton
Lever Bridge, St. Stephen And All Martyrs, Bolton
1844-2012
Archives
Find it!
Records of the Incumbent including : Baptism Registers, 1844 - 1976; Marriage Registers, 1845 - 1986; Burial Registers, 1845 - 1954; Banns Books, 1845 - 1890, 1933 - 1944; Confirmation Register, 1872 - 1953; Registers of Services, 1931 - 1973; Service Sheet, 1947Records of Churchwardens & Vestry records : Accounts and Vestry Minutes, 1844 - 1921; Accounts, 1924 - 1933; Annual Statements of Accounts, 1917 - 1935; Summary of Collections, 1898 - 1922; Offertory Book, 1954 - 1958; Scale of Fees, 1902; Subscriptions to Memorials, 1933; Miscellaneous Balance Sheets, 1929 - 1932; List of Records of Churchwardens, 1845 - 1916CHURCH COMMITTEES : Parsonage and Schools, 1845 - 1865Records of the Parochial Church Council : Electoral Roll, c 1924 - 1934Records of Societies : Sunday School Sick Society Annual Statement of Accounts, 1931; Women's Home Mission Association Annual Statement of Accounts, 1933ST. ALBAN'S MISSION CHURCH, DARCY LEVER : Register of Services, 1911 - 1950; Accounts, 1911 - 1950Related Material:The Archives Department also has Archdeacon John Rushton's Visitation Returns for the church and school, mid 19th c. (MS f 942.72 R121 v.10). Place:/Darcy Lever/Bolton le Moors/Lancashire/England
Title:
Lever Bridge, St. Stephen And All Martyrs, Bolton
Date of work:
1844-2012
Reference number:
GB127.L168
Level of description:
Fonds
Custodial history:
The District of Lever Bridge was formed from the parish of Bolton by Order in Council, 23 May 1844 (London Gazette, 3 June 1844),consisting of the township of Darcy Lever and part of Haulgh. The church was consecrated on 26 June 1845. Part of the District was returned to the parish of Bolton by Order in Council 3 May 1888 (London Gazette, 8 May 1988), and some went to form St. Chad's, Tonge Fold, by Order in Council, 16 December 1912 (London Gazette, 20 December). The boundaries with St. Matthew's, Little Lever, were altered by Order in Council, 7 June 1974 (London Gazette, 3 October 1974).
Source:
The records were deposited at Central Library as Diocesan Record Office in April 1988 by Rev. S.D. Rudkin. The record of church furnishings was deposited by Dorothy Paterson of Bolton Decorative and Fine Arts Society in Oct 2012 (accession: 2012/24)
Use restrictions:
Unrestricted
Record types:
COLLECTION
Language:
English
Record number:
7184187
Find it!
0