Skip to main content
Elton, All Saints
Elton, All Saints
1844-1891
Archives
Find it!
Incumbent: Baptisms 1843-1984; Marriages 1844-1997; Burials 1843-1940; Books of Remembrance 1960s; Banns Book [1844]-1873; Confirmations 1945-1966; Registers of Services 1981-2002; Service sheets 1954-1991; Sermons 1887-1889 (not continous); Acts of Parliament concerning the building of additional churches in populous parishes 1818-1838; Trust deed 1843; Parish Boundaries doccuments 1884-1891; Grave registers c.1859-1986; Churchyard Acounts 1863-1965; Vicarage documents 1864-1865; Letters to Rev E Westerman from the Ecclesiastical Commision about income of the benefice 1878-1879, 1889; Commonwealth War Graves Commission 1958-1984; General accounts 1939-1955; Articles of Enquiry 1906; Parish Magazines 1871-1903Vestry records : Minutes 1844-1923; Notices of Meetings 1883, 1886; Church Building, and Furnishings 1902-1980s; Correspondence 1995-1998; Diocesan Handbook supplement 1967Churchwardens: Accounts 1902-1984; Offertory books 1921-1975; Church Officers' minutes 1907-1915; Churchwarden's Questionnaire on Bishop's Visitation 1931; Guild of Services minutes 1942-1953; Sale of Work minutes 1938-1939; Correspondence and other papers relating to the sale of Howorth House, 129 Tottington Road, Bury 1969-1978; Sidesmen's Register 1955-1963; Papers relating to the churchyard 1860s-1930sParochial Church Council: Minutes 1920-2001; License of Performance of Divine Service 1843; Copy Sentence of Consecration 1843; Approval for erection of church in St James Woolfold District 1931Societies and Clubs: Social Committee Minutes 1961-1971; Sports Club Minute Book 1933-1950; Cricket Club papers 1967-1978; Papers relating to the church society 1930s-1960sRecords of the Sunday School : Register of Teachers 1877-1888; Minutes 1923-1959; DRecords of the Day School : Trust Deed 1845; Plan of school and teacher's residences n.d.; ay School account book 1935-1956; Correspondence concerning sale of school with insurance documents 1958-1959; Minute books & Log books 1847-1956, 1961-1962St. Francis House Church: Register of Services 1959-1997; Committee Minutes 1964-1992; Correspondence 1962-1971; Bill of Quantities 1962Holcombe Brook Church: Register of services 1970-1976; Minutes 1968-1976; Treasure's Papers 1970-1975; Papers relating to the transfer of Holcombe Brook to Holcombe Parish. With copy of The London Gazette 1976; Collections cash book 1973-1975; Financial Papers 1971-1976Related Material:The Archives Department also has Archdeacon John Rushton's Visitation Papers, 16 May 1844. (MS f 942.72 R121 v. 16).Place:/Elton/Bury/Lancashire/England
Title:
Elton, All Saints
Date of work:
1844-1891
Reference number:
GB127.L171
Level of description:
Fonds
Custodial history:
All Saints church was built on a site given by the Earl of Derby, and consecrated on 29 June 1843. It was assigned as its District the township of Elton, in the parish of Bury, on the west side of the river Irwell, by Order in council 13 December 1843, (London Gazette,23 February 1844). By Order in council, 11 August 1884 (London Gazette, 15 August) part of the parish was assigned to the new St. Stephen's Elton, and by Order in council, 28 May 1889, (London Gazette, 31 May) some was assigned to the new christ church, Walshaw. More of the parish was lost to the new St. James, Woolfold, by Order in council, 12 August 1915 (London Gazette, 17 August). There was an alteration with the parish of Holcombe by Pastoral Order, 8 November 1976, London Gazette, 25 November
Source:
The records were deposited in the Library as Diocesan Record Office in May 1988 by Rev. N.A. Carter and in 2004. L171/1/2/5A was deposited by the Rev Carter (now of Boscombe St. Andrew) in May 2009. Found amongst his personal papers.
Use restrictions:
Unrestricted
Record types:
COLLECTION
Language:
English
Record number:
7184244
Find it!
0