Skip to main content
Bircle, St. John The Baptist
Bircle, St. John The Baptist
1880-1957
Archives
Find it!
Records of the Incumbent including : Patronage 1905; Extension of Churchyard 1939; Glebe 1899; Vicarage 1897-1957; Income 1911; Tithe Redemption 1920-1921Records of Churchwardens : Annual Statements of Accounts 1880-1924; Faculties 1887-1962; Inventories 1893-1925; Records of the Day School : Conveyance of Land 1929Related Material:The Archives Department also has Archdeacon John Rushton's Visitation Papers, mid 19th c., which include letters about the establishment of the church, 1844 - 1846, ground plan, Nov. 1846 (34 x 26 cms), sketch plan of boundaries of the parish, n.d. (40 x 36 cms) and fees recommended by the rector of Middleton. (MS f 942. 72 R121 v. 51)' papers of Canon A.J. Dobb used in his The Vanishing Parish, Bircle, 1967Place:/Birtle with Bamford/Middleton/Lancashire/England
Title:
Bircle, St. John The Baptist
Date of work:
1880-1957
Reference number:
GB127.L172
Level of description:
Fonds
Custodial history:
The foundation stone was laid on 16 May 1845 and the church consecrated on 1 July 1846. It was assigned a District from the parish of Bury and Middleton by Order in Council, 15 April 1848, (London Gazette, 28 April 1848). Part was transferred to St. Michael's, Bamford) by Order in Council, 2 March 1881 London Gazette, 8 March 1881).
Source:
The records were deposited in the Library as Diocesan Record Office in May 1988 by Rev. M.H. Maxwell,
Use restrictions:
Unrestricted
Record types:
COLLECTION
Language:
English
Record number:
7184267
Find it!
0