Skip to main content
Coldhurst, Holy Trinity, Oldham
Coldhurst, Holy Trinity, Oldham
1848-1971
Archives
Find it!
Records of the Incumbent including : Baptism Registers, 1848-1942; Marriage Registers, 1849-1967; Banns Book, 1926-1950; Registers of Services, 1930-1965Vestry records : Minutes, 1877-1901Records of Churchwardens : Accounts, 1901-1957; Annual Statements of Accounts, 1965, 1971Records of the Parochial Church Council : Minutes, 1930-1975; Communicants Roll, 1892-1908Records of Societies : Church of England Men's Society Minutes, 1954-1967; Boy Scouts Troop Register and Miscellaneous Papers, 1952-1956; Girl Guides Company Registers 1930-1955; Records of the Day School : Infants Log Books, 1899-1960; Mixed Log Book, 1913-1944FRANKHILL MISSION : Accounts, 1884-1898Related Material:The Archives Department also has Archdeacon John Rushton's Visitation Papers, (MS f 942.72 R121 vol 56), which contain letters from Rev. John Godson, Minister of Coldhurst, urging the building of a church, 1846, and about the building of a parsonage, 1854-1856, and other papers relating to the establisment of the church appointments of perpetual curates, 1844-1845, (Ref GB127.M39/14/1/1-3), plans and drawings by W.H. Wood, architect, 1917 (MISC/380).
Title:
Coldhurst, Holy Trinity, Oldham
Date of work:
1848-1971
Reference number:
GB127.L180
Level of description:
Fonds
Custodial history:
The foundation stone of Holy Trinity was laid on 13 May 1847 and the church consecrated on 12 February 1848. Services had previously been held in a former brewhouse. A District was assigned from the parish of Oldham by Order in Council 7 October 1844, (London Gazette, 22 October 1844.) Part of the parish was transferred to All Saints, Northmoor, by Order in Council, 9 May 1892 (London Gazette, 13 May 1892) Part of St. Mark's, Heyside, was assigned to Holy Trinity, by Order in Council, 13 December 1957 ('London Gazette, 17 December 1957). By Order in Council 9 February 1978, (London Gazette, 14 February 1978,) Coldhurst became part of the parish of Oldham, though Holy Trinity remained as a District Church.
Source:
The records were deposited in the Library as Diocesan Record Office in April 1989 by Rev. L.W.C. Featham.
Use restrictions:
Unrestricted
Record types:
COLLECTION
Language:
English
Record number:
7184413
Find it!
0