Skip to main content
Brindle Heath, St. Anne, Pendleton
Brindle Heath, St. Anne, Pendleton
1866-1969
Archives
Find it!
Records of the Incumbent including : Baptism Registers 1866-1969; [Continues, 4 Oct. 1970 - 27 June 1990, as united parish of St. Thomas's, Pendleton.]; Marriage Registers 1923-1969; Confirmation Register 1949-1968, [continues 1972-1985 as united parish of St. Thomas, Pendleton.]; Banns Books 1940-1969; Register of Services 1964-1969; Correspondence re burial ground 1931-1963 [not deposited]Place:/Pendleton/Lancashire/England
Title:
Brindle Heath, St. Anne, Pendleton
Date of work:
1866-1969
Reference number:
GB127.L187
Level of description:
Fonds
Custodial history:
The foundation stone of St. Anne's was laid in April 1863. It was not assigned a District until 1923 when part of St. Thomas's, Pendleton, was assigned to St. Anne's, by Order in Council, 16 April, (London Gazette, 17 April 1923). Part of the District was assigned to the new Holy Angels, Claremont, by Order in Council, 16 December 1925, (London Gazette, 18 December 1925. By Bishop's Orders 3 November 1953 and 22 June 1956, (London Gazettes, 17 November 1953, and 29 June 1956, St. Anne's was held in plurality with St. Thomas's, Pendleton. By Order in Council, 27 October 1971 (London Gazette, 28 October) St. Anne's was declared redundant. Part of the parish was assigned to Holy Angels, Claremont, part to St. John's, Pendlebury, and the rest was united with St. Thomas's, Pendleton, as the parish of St. Thomas, Pendleton.
Use restrictions:
Unrestricted
Record types:
COLLECTION
Language:
English
Record number:
7184551
Find it!
0