Skip to main content
Paddington, St. Paul,  Pendleton
Paddington, St. Paul, Pendleton
1846-1995
Archives
Find it!
Title:
Paddington, St. Paul, Pendleton
Date of work:
1846-1995
Reference number:
GB127.L190
Level of description:
Fonds
Custodial history:
St. Paul's District was formed from the parish of Eccles and the District of Christ Church, Salford, by Order in Council, 6 July 1846, ('London Gazette' 17 July 1846). The church was consecrated on 26 July 1856. In 1965 the parish was united with Christ Church, Salford, as St. Paul with Christ Chirch, by Order in Council, 18 September, (London Gazette, 21 September 1965, St. Paul's becoming the parish church of the united parish).
Source:
See also Archdeacon John Rushton's Visitation papers (MSf 942.72 R121 vol.25), which include correspondence and papers relating to the establishment of the parish and building of the church, 1846-1854.
Use restrictions:
Unrestricted
Topics:
Record types:
COLLECTION
Language:
English
Record number:
7184597
Find it!
0