Skip to main content
Salford, St. Stephen
Salford, St. Stephen
1794-1960
Archives
Find it!
Incumbent: Baptisms and Burials 1794-1812; Baptisms 1813-1956; Marriages 1838-1956; Burials 1813-1856; Banns 1931-1956; Confirmations 1931-1951; Registers of Services 1889-1956; Correspondence and papers regarding the closure of church 1954-1958Churchwardens: Accounts 1950-1958Vestry: Parochial Church Council & AGM Minutes 1936-1958; Vestry Minutes 1954-1958School Managers' Minutes 1953-1960
Title:
Salford, St. Stephen
Date of work:
1794-1960
Reference number:
GB127.L192
Level of description:
Fonds
Custodial history:
In 1794 St Stephen, Salford was built on land given by a timber merchant. After the chuch came the school which was built and had its playground entirely in the churchyard. Permission for this was granted by the Faculty and was the only school in the Diocese so to utilise consecrated land. Consecrated 23 July 1794
Use restrictions:
Unrestricted
Topics:
Record types:
COLLECTION
Language:
English
Record number:
7184625
Find it!
0