Skip to main content
Great Bolton. Holy Trinity
Great Bolton. Holy Trinity
1826-1990
Archives
Find it!
Incumbent records:Baptism Registers 1843-1990; Marriage Registers 1857-1990; Burial Register 1843-1878; Preliminary Registers 1826-1857; Banns Books c1923-1989; Confirmation Register 1950-1969; Licences for Services 1866-1882; Permissions for Burials in the Closed 1859-1866; Papers Relating to the Sale of Part of the Churchyard to the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway Company 1898; Papers Relating to the Site of Holy Trinity Parsonage 1883-1885; Inspections of the Parsonage under Ecclesiastical Dilapidations Measures 1930; Dilapidations Assessment 1930; Papers Relating to Investments 1898-1899; Papers Relating to Benefice Income 1946Churchwardens records:Papers Relating to Incumbents 1949; Pew Rent Accounts 1885-1909; Vacant Pew Book 1893-1900; Faculties 1959; Reports under Inspections of Churches Measures 1961; Papers Relating to Church Clock 1927-1928; Notes about Inventories 1907-1914; Officers Meetings Minute Book 1865-1912Vestry and Parochial Church Council records:Accounts 1951-1974; Electoral Roll c.1920-1970; Vestry Minute Book 1865-1912; PCC Minute Book 1965-1973; Minutes of Annual General Meeting and Sub Committee 1970-1990Records of Societies Attached to the church:Choir Registers 1899-1920; Records of Holy Trinity Schools:Trust Deed of Trinity Street School 1847; Trust Deed of New School, Crook Street 1866; Papers Relating to Trust Deeds of Trinity Street 1902-1906; and Crook Street Schools; Notes on Trust Deeds of Holy Trinity Schools 1906; Papers Relating to the Sale of Part of the Schoolyard to the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway Company 1898; Papers Relating to Holy Trinity National School, Nelson Street 1877Related Material:The Archives Section also has Archdeacon John Rushton's Visitation Returns for the church and school, mid 19th century (MS f 942.72 R121 volume 13).Place:/Great Bolton/Bolton le Moors/Lancashire/England
Title:
Great Bolton. Holy Trinity
Date of work:
1826-1990
Reference number:
GB127.L196
Level of description:
Fonds
Custodial history:
Holy Trinity, Great Bolton, was built in 1825, and consecrated in 1826. It was one of the so-called 'Waterloo Churches', built under an Act of Parliament of 1818, as a thanksgiving for the successful battle of Waterloo. A District was assigned to Holy Trinity, by Order in Council, 11 August 1841, (London Gazette, 12 November 1841), from the parish of Bolton. Part of the parish of Holy Trinity was assigned to St. Mark's, Bolton, by Order in Council, 27 June 1866, (London Gazette, 29 June 1866), and a further part to St. Bartholomew's, Great Lever, by Order in Council, 19 May 1880, (London Gazette, 28 May 1880). By Order in Council, 19 January 1973, (London Gazette, 23 January 1973), the parish of Holy Trinity, along with the parishes of St. George and St. Mark, were transferred to the parish of St. Peter, thus rejoining the ancient mother church of the parish of Bolton. The church of Holy Trinity was still used for services until it was declared redundant in 1993. It was then hoped to convert it to office units.
Source:
The records were transferred to the Library as Diocesan Record Office, in May 1995, November 1999 (Accession 1999/103), January 2000 (Accession 2000/12), April 2000 (Accession 2000/55) and 2001.
Use restrictions:
Unrestricted
General notes:
Old Accession Number: 1999/103 2000/12 2000/55 2001/21
Record types:
COLLECTION
Language:
English
Record number:
7184699
Find it!
0