Skip to main content
Audenshaw, St. Stephen
Audenshaw, St. Stephen
Find it!
Baptism Registers 1844-1904; Marriage Registers 1846-1907; Burial Registers 1846-1921Related Material:The Library also has Archdeacon John Rushton's Visitation Returns for the church and school, mid. 19th century (Msf 942.72 R121 vol.2), which include newspaper cuttings, letters and plan, c.1844 -1850; Scheme for alteration of the boundaries with St. Peter's, Ashton, 1921 (Ref GB127.L74/1/8/3); gravestone inscriptions, no date (Ref GB127.M39/addnl).The following is available in the Local Studies Library:Bulkeley, A.C. 'Fifty years church work in the Parish of St. Stephen's Audenshaw in the Diocese of Manchester 1846-1896 (John Heywood, Manchesterm, 1896)Cooke, F.A., St. Stephen's Church, Audenshaw in the Diocese of Manchester 1846-1946 (H. Holme, printer, 1946)PEarson, John, 'When the bell stops, all seats are free'. The story of St. Stephen's Church, Audenshaw 1846-1996 (The Church, 1996)Place:/Audenshaw/Ashton under Lyne/Ashton under Lyne/Lancashire/England
Audenshaw, St. Stephen
Date of work:
Reference number:
Level of description:
Custodial history:
A District was assigned to Audenshaw from the parish of St. Peters, Ashton under Lyne, by Order in Council, 23 May 1844 (London Gazette, 3 June 1844). Services were held in the Licensed Schoolroom, until the church of St. Stephen was consecrated on 27 June 1846. Designed by E.H. Shellard. The parish boundaries with St..Peter's, Ashton under Lyne, were altered in 1921, by Order in Council, 22 April (London Gazette, 26 April 1921), when part of St. Stephen's was also added to Droylsden.
Use restrictions:
Record types:
Record number:
Find it!