Skip to main content
Oldham, St. Peter
Oldham, St. Peter
Find it!
Records of the Incumbent including : Baptisms and Burials, 1768-1802; Baptism Registers, 1803-1961; Marriage Registers, 1836-1961; Burial Registers, 1803 - 1876; Banns Books, 1897 - 1961; Confirmation Register, 1938 - 1960: Registers of Services 1901-1961; Book of Rememberance 1939-1945Records of the Churchwarden : Inventory, 1928 - 1961; Accounts 1881-1961;Printed Accounts 1912; Sale of Work Minutes 1942-1958Records of the Parochial Church Council : Minutes, 1911 - 1930, 1953-1961Miscellaneous papers including Bound Parish Magazines 1910-1941, 1944-1945Related Material:The Archives Section also has a copy by Giles Shaw of the 1768 consecration deed (Ms 942.72 S154 vol.7, pages 35-46; Archdeacon John Rushton's Visitation Returns, for the church and school 1846, with notes on the church and clergy (Ms f 942.72 R121 vol.52); and a faculty to erect an oak screen from St. Peter's in Holcombe church, 1973 (Ref GB127.L21/9/11/16,17)Place:/Prestwich with Oldham/Lancashire/England
Oldham, St. Peter
Date of work:
Reference number:
Level of description:
Custodial history:
A chapelry in the parish of Prestwich cum Oldham, St. Peter's was consecrated on 2 June 1768, rebuilt in 1794, and enlarged 1804. A new church was consecrated on 16 October 1901. A District was assigned to St. Peter's by Order in Council 4 March 1835, (London Gazette. 5 May 1835), from the parish of Prestwich cum Oldham, at the same time as the chapels of St. Mary, Oldham, St. James, Oldham, St. Margaret, Hollinwood, St. Paul, Royton, and Holy Trinity, Shaw, were all assigned Districts. In 1964 by Order in Council 15 October, (London Gazette, 16 October 1964) the parish of St. Peter was united with that of St. Mary, the church of St. Mary becoming the parish church of the united benefice of St. Mary with St. Peter, Oldham.
Use restrictions:
General notes:
Old Accession Number: 1996/Oct 8 1999/95 1999/81 1999/30 1999/35 2003/12
Record types:
Record number:
Find it!