Skip to main content
Chequerbent, St. Thomas (formerly Chequerbent Mission Church)
Chequerbent, St. Thomas (formerly Chequerbent Mission Church)
1888-2007
Archives
Find it!
Incumbent, Parochial, and school archivesPlace:/Chequerbent/Westhoughton/Deane/Lancashire/England
Title:
Chequerbent, St. Thomas (formerly Chequerbent Mission Church)
Date of work:
1888-2007
Reference number:
GB127.L285
Level of description:
Fonds
Custodial history:
Chequerbent CE School was built in 1888 as an outstation of St Bartholomew, Westhoughton. The school was used as a Mission Church on Sundays and a dedicated curate appointed to serve it. The school was demolished for road windening in 1970 and services relocated to the nearby Infants School dedicated to St Thomas, this new chapel was officially opened in April 1973. St Thomas' became part of Westhoughton Team Ministry in 1983 and now forms part of one parish.
Use restrictions:
Unrestricted
General notes:
Old Accession Number: 1999/25 2000/86
Record types:
COLLECTION
Language:
English
Record number:
7185853
Find it!
0