Skip to main content
Salford, St. Ignatius
Salford, St. Ignatius
1903-2003
Archives
Find it!
Baptisms 1903-1999; Marriages 1903-1966; Banns, 1911-2003; Confirmations, 1942-1998; Preachers' Books and Registers of Services, 1903-1999; Communicants Register, 1962-1980; Electoral Roll, 1920-1932 and 1978-1993; Quinquennial Inspection Report, 2000; Orders of Services, 1980s; various items of church administration; photographs of three rectorsChurchwardens Accounts, n.d.; Church Plans, 1986; Correspondence regarding church buildings, 1982-1989; Faculties 1923-1974; Inventory of articles 1907PCC minutes 1938-1941Sunday School Class Register, c.1927, 1975-1976
Title:
Salford, St. Ignatius
Date of work:
1903-2003
Reference number:
GB127.L294
Level of description:
Fonds
Custodial history:
St Ignatius church was built to serve the New Barracks estate, Salford Corporation's first public housing undertaking, noted for the quality of its housing and community provision. The estate was designed following a competition in 1899 won by Manchester architect Henry Lord. The church was built on corporation land by Lord Egerton of Tatton and designed by another local architect, Alfred Darbyshire. The parish was created out of the parish of Salford, St Bartholomew and the church was consecrated on 23 Oct 1903. It was united with the parish of Stowell Memorial in the early 1980s. St Ignatius closed in 2002.
Use restrictions:
Unrestricted
General notes:
Old Accession Number: 2005/64 2006/4 2008/116
Topics:
Record types:
COLLECTION
Language:
English
Record number:
7185967
Find it!
0