Skip to main content
Bury, St Thomas
Bury, St Thomas
1867-2003
Archives
Find it!
Records of Incumbent include: Baptism Registers 1867-2003; Marriage Registers 1867-1987; Banns Registers 1906-2000; Confirmation Registers 1945-1975; Registers of Services 1904-1999Records of Churchwardens include: Vestry Meeting Minutes 1868-1932; Accounts 1867-1937; Buildings 1967-1973; Inventories 1907-2003 Records of Parochial Church Council include: Meeting Minutes 1894-1989; Members and Electoral Roll 1955-1990; Accounts 1923-1991School records include: School Managers' Meetings Minutes 1890-1968; Accounts 1906-1968; Deed of Conveyance 1867; Plans 1905-1931Records of Societies and Choir include: Choir Attendance Register 1867-1898; Mothers' Union Attendance Register 1949-1965Also twentieth century history, newspaper cuttings and photographs
Title:
Bury, St Thomas
Date of work:
1867-2003
Reference number:
GB127.L302
Level of description:
Fonds
Custodial history:
St Thomas' church was consecrated 10 Dec 1866. The site was the gift of the Earl of Derby and the building the gift of Thomas Openshaw. The parish was created by Order in Council of 17 May 1867 (London Gazette 21 May 1867) from parts of the parishes of Bury, St Paul and St Mary. By Order in Council of 27 Oct 1976 (published 29 Oct 1976 in the London Gazette) the parish was united with Heap Bridge, St George to form the parish of Christ the King with St Thomas' as the parish church. An Order in Council of 23 Jun 1982 created Christ the King with Holy Trinity following union with the latter.
Use restrictions:
Unrestricted
Topics:
Record types:
COLLECTION
Language:
English
Record number:
7186063
Find it!
0