Skip to main content
Records of the Manor of Baguley
Records of the Manor of Baguley
1705-1931
Archives
Find it!
Records of the Court Leet 1705-1806; Parish Council and Meetings Minutes Books 1894-1931; Plan of estates belonging to Thomas William Tatton, Esq. in the townships of Baguley and Hale in the Parish of Bowden. 21': 1 mile, William Nevil Surveyor, Knutsford 1830.Related Material:For a history of the manor see Ormerod G. History of the County Palatine and City of Chester. Vol. 1. 2nd edition. ed. Thomas Helsby 1882.Place:/Baguley/Bowdon/Lancashire/England
Title:
Records of the Manor of Baguley
Date of work:
1705-1931
Reference number:
GB127.M10/2
Level of description:
Fonds
Custodial history:
This township or civil parish was in Cheshire. It was in Bowdon ecclesiastical parish and in Bucklow poor law Union (which was called Altrincham Union until 1895). In 1931 it became part of the City of Manchester. Its area was used for the Wythenshawe housing estate.
Source:
These records were deposited in the Library in December 1959 by Mr F. S. Stancliffe, formerly of Sale, Lingards and Co., who acted as agents to the Tatton family, the lords of the manor in the nineteenth century. There was also given to the Library in 1952 by R. H. G. Tatton, a plan of the estates belonging to T. W. Tatton in Baguley and Hale
Use restrictions:
Unrestricted
Record types:
COLLECTION
Language:
English
Record number:
7186980
Find it!
0