Skip to main content
Township of Chorlton cum Hardy Records
Township of Chorlton cum Hardy Records
1844-1911
Archives
Find it!
Rate books 1844-1910; overseers' quarterly accounts 1839-1858; overseers' receipts and payment book 1848-1867, 1902-1911; overseers' balance sheet 1903-1911; collector's monthly statement 1867-1882Related Material:The Library possesses a copy of the tithe plan and schedule of Chorlton made in 1847, the original of which is in the Lancashire Record Office, Preston (GB55).Place:/Manchester/Lancashire/England/Chorlton cum Hardy/Manchester/Lancashire/England
Title:
Township of Chorlton cum Hardy Records
Date of work:
1844-1911
Reference number:
GB127.M10/8
Level of description:
Fonds
Custodial history:
Chorlton existed as a separate Township from 1837 within the Chorlton on Medlock Union of Poor Law Guardians, but became part of the district of Withington Local Board in 1876 and was incorporated in Manchester in 1904. In 1910 it was merged with other townships to form the Township of South Manchester. Chorlton was originally in the Parish of Manchester, with its own chapelry, but was formed into a district parish in 1839 under the Manchester Rectory Division Act.
Source:
These records were transferred from the Rates Department and the Committee Clerk's Department in the Manchester Town Hall in 1958.
Use restrictions:
Unrestricted
Record types:
COLLECTION
Language:
English
Record number:
7187103
Find it!
0