Skip to main content
Records of Openshaw Township
Records of Openshaw Township
1838-1895
Archives
Find it!
Local Board of Helath Minute Books 1863-1890; Miscellaneous Committees and Sub Committee Minute Books 1887-1890; School Attendance Committee Minutes 1877-1890; Draft Minute Books for School Attendance Committee 1885-1890 and Baths Committee 1890; Rate Books 1838-1895; Plans of Property in Openshaw Township 1898-1899Related Material:The Library possesses a copy of the tithe map and schedule of Openshaw made in 1846, the original of which is in the Lancashire Record Office, Preston.Place:/Openshaw/Manchester/Lancashire/England
Title:
Records of Openshaw Township
Date of work:
1838-1895
Reference number:
GB127.M10/22
Level of description:
Fonds
Custodial history:
Openshaw in the Parish of Manchester, was a separate township with its own parochial officers under the Manchester churchwardens. In 1837 the township became a member of the Choriton Union of Poor Law Guardians, which was set up in 1837 by order of Poor Law Commissioners. Openshaw was in the Chorlton Union until 1896 when it was incorporated into the Township of South Manchester. The Local Board was set up in 1858 under the Public Health Act of 1848.
Source:
The records were transferred from the Rates Department of the Manchester Town Hall in 1958.
Use restrictions:
Unrestricted
Record types:
COLLECTION
Language:
English
Record number:
7187412
Find it!
0