Skip to main content
Collyhurst, St. James
Collyhurst, St. James
1817-1973
Archives
Find it!
Baptism registers 1873-1971; marriage registers 1850-1971; banns books 1935-1971; confirmation register 1920-1958, 1964-1968; registers of services 1937-1970; parish magazines 1920-1956; churchwardens accounts 1850-1914; churchwardens and Parochial Church Council accounts 1936-1963 and electoral roll 1964-1968; Parochial Church Council and AGM minutes 1929-1973; St James's School deeds 1876-1963; deeds of Collyhurst Chapel 1817-1905; school managers minutes 1903-1910; inventory 1884-1969. Place:/Collyhurst/Manchester/Manchester/Lancashire/England
Title:
Collyhurst, St. James
Date of work:
1817-1973
Reference number:
GB127.M229
Level of description:
Fonds
Custodial history:
St James's Church, built on the site of Collyhurst Old Hall, was consecrated on 20 May 1874. A District was assigned from Albert Memorial parish, by Order in Council, 28 November 1874 (London Gazette, 1 December 1874). The last service was held on 16 May 1971, and in 1972 the parish joined with Albert Memorial and St Augustine's, St Oswald's and St Catherine's to form the parish of The Church of the Saviour, Collyhurst. (Order in Council, 26 July, London Gazette 28 July 1972).
Source:
These records were deposited in the Library as Diocesan Record Office by Rev A E Lucas, in September 1972 and June 1980
Use restrictions:
Unrestricted
Record types:
COLLECTION
Language:
English
Record number:
7191845
Find it!
0