Skip to main content
Hulme, St. Mary
Hulme, St. Mary
1855-1978
Archives
Find it!
Records of St Paul's, Stretford Road, Hulme: baptism registers 1855-1954; marriage registers 1858-1955; churchwardens balance sheets 1939Records of St Mary's, Upper Moss Lane, Hulme, including: baptism registers 1858-1978; marriage registers 1859-1978; inventory 1880; vestry minutes 1919-1963; churchwardens accounts 1919-1964; income accounts 1968-1978, expenditure accounts 1968-1979; Sunday School accounts 1905-1967Place:/Hulme/Manchester/Lancashire/EnglandManchester Metropolitan District/Greater Manchester/England
Title:
Hulme, St. Mary
Date of work:
1855-1978
Reference number:
GB127.M321
Level of description:
Fonds
Custodial history:
In 1955 the former parishes of St Mary's, Hulme and St Paul's, Hulme, joined as St Mary's, which became the parish church. The church closed in October 1978 and the parish joined the Ascension, Hulme (London Gazette, 1 November 1978). ST PAUL'S, STRETFORD ROAD, HULME The church was opened in June 1855, and the parish formed by Order in Council of 31 July 1858, (London Gazette, 13 Aug. 1858) out of St George's parish, Hulme. By Order in Council, 15 Sept. 1954, (London Gazette, 4 Mar. 1955) it joined with St Mary's, Hulme, which became the parish church of the united parish. ST MARY'S, UPPER MOSS LANE, HULME Founded by Wilbraham Egerton of Tatton Park, a major landowner in Hulme, St Mary's was consecrated on 13 November 1858 (see Archdeacon John Rushton's Visitation papers MSf 942.72 R121 vol.43). The parish was formed by Order in Council 29 November 1859 (London Gazette, 2 December 1859) from St George's, Hulme. St Paul's, Hulme was united with St Mary's in 1954. In October 1978 St Mary's closed and the parish joined that of the Ascension, Hulme.
Source:
These records were deposited in the Library, as Diocesan Record Office, in December 1978, by Rev P Dunk. Additional deposit in April 1980
Use restrictions:
Unrestricted
Record types:
COLLECTION
Language:
English
Record number:
7193445
Find it!
0