Skip to main content
Tripe Colony' housing estate, Miles Platting
Tripe Colony' housing estate, Miles Platting
1905-1977
Archives
Find it!
Rent Book 1909-1910; Plans 1905-1918; Miscellaneous papers ca 1977Place:/Bradford/Manchester/Lancashire/England
Title:
Tripe Colony' housing estate, Miles Platting
Date of work:
1905-1977
Reference number:
GB127.M343
Level of description:
Fonds
Custodial history:
The 'Tripe Colony' was the name given to the streets of terraced houses bounded by Clifton Street, Lord North Street and Hulme Hall Lane, which were built from 1906 by George William Pendlebury, builder, and his brother John William Pendlebury, owner of a tripe works and tripe shops. They were well built houses and only let to good tenants. From the 1950s many were sold to the tenants, Manchester Corporation buying the rest in the 1970s
Source:
The records were given to the Library in December 1977 by Norman and Clarence Pendlebury of Northenden, sons of the founders of the 'Colony' through the Manchester Polytechnic Archive Retrieval Officer.
Use restrictions:
Unrestricted
General notes:
Arrangement:Chronological
Record types:
COLLECTION
Language:
English
Record number:
7193764
Find it!
0