Skip to main content
Ardwick, St. Jerome with St. Silas
Ardwick, St. Jerome with St. Silas
1842-1992
Archives
Find it!
Records of St. Silas's : Baptismal Registers 1842-1954; Private Baptisms 1843-1892; Marriage Registers 1856-1954Records of St. Jerome's including Baptismal Registers 1913-1971; Marriage Registers 1914-1966; Parochial Church Council Minutes 1920-1973; Parochial Church Council Accounts 1913-1958; Annual Statements of Account 1936-1968; Church Lads' Brigade 1939; Records of the St Jerome with St Silas including Marriage Register 1974-1992; Register of Services 1955-1974; Parish Magazines 1958-1979; Appointments to the benefice 1969-1980; Faculty 1966; Report of a Visitation of the Rural Dean 1957Place:/Ardwick/Manchester/Lancashire/England
Title:
Ardwick, St. Jerome with St. Silas
Date of work:
1842-1992
Reference number:
GB127.M357
Level of description:
Fonds
Custodial history:
This united parish was formed by Order in Council, 9 Oct 1956 (London Gazette, 12 Oct 1956) from the separate parishes of St. Jerome and St Silas. St Jerome's church became the church of the united parish. In 1979 they became part of a group ministry with All Saints, Ancoats and the Church of the Resurrection, Manchester. St. Jerome's parish was formed out of St. Silas's by Order in Council, 16 Dec. 1912 (London Gazette, 17 December). St. Silas's church was consecrated on Oct 10th 1842. A District was assigned to it from the parish of Manchester by the Bishop's instrument of 25 September 1844, confirmed by Order in Council, 24 June 1856 (London Gazette, 1st July 1856). The church was closed in November 1954 and later demolished.
Source:
The records were deposited in the Library as Diocesan Record Office by Rev. G. Wright in January 1980. A marriage register (M357/3/2/1) was deposited via Manchester Register Office in 2010 (accession 2010/27).
Use restrictions:
Unrestricted
Record types:
COLLECTION
Language:
English
Record number:
7193963
Find it!
0