Skip to main content
Photographs Related To Longton's Confectioners
Photographs Related To Longton's Confectioners
Longton, Mr, fl 1950, of Bolton, Lancashire 1912-1950
Archives
Find it!
Title:
Photographs Related To Longton's Confectioners
Date of work:
1912-1950
Reference number:
GB124.DPA/399
Level of description:
Custodial history:
Longton's confectioners was founded in 1847 by the donor's grandfather, William Edward Longton. Pies were hand made until his death in about 1920, since he refused to use machinery. The firm's trademark was W.E.L.S.O.N. The shop in Bradshawgate was demolished 1936 to make way for the Lido Cinema, and the main shop moved to 655, Bury New Road. he Longton's are a Quaker family.
Use restrictions:
Unrestricted
Copies available:
Bolton Central Library (copies) complete collection.
Record types:
COLLECTION
Language:
English
Record number:
7194168
Find it!
0