Skip to main content
Interior Of Ernest Rogers, Pawnbroker, Bolton Road, Pendlebury, Before The Premises Were Taken Over By Fred Done, Bookmakers.
Interior Of Ernest Rogers, Pawnbroker, Bolton Road, Pendlebury, Before The Premises Were Taken Over By Fred Done, Bookmakers.
Rogers, Ernest, of Pendlebury, Manchester
Archives
Find it!
Related Material:See also deposit nos. 627 & 636.
Title:
Interior Of Ernest Rogers, Pawnbroker, Bolton Road, Pendlebury, Before The Premises Were Taken Over By Fred Done, Bookmakers.
Reference number:
GB124.DPA/635
Level of description:
Custodial history:
The pledge shop fittings including the counter were taken by Ordsall Hull Museum. The earliest owner of the premises, which makes its first appearance in the trade directories in 1888 was Abraham B. Worthington, The shop was probably custom built as a pawnbrokers. James Rogers (Ernest's grandfather?) was pawnbroking at 679, Bolton Road from 1901. He first appears at 582 Bolton Road in 1909. Mr. Rogers retired from pawnbroking in 1966, but the premises although dilapidated remained largely untouched until Fred Done bought them.
Use restrictions:
Unrestricted
Copies available:
Bolton Central Library (copies) complete collection
Record types:
COLLECTION
Language:
English
Record number:
7196060
Find it!
0